Saturday, May 26, 2012

Bowie damast knife #8





Another nice bowie knife from my Damascus steel knife collection.

Blade thicknes is 5 millimeters, it's lenght is 230 millimeters, it's shaped nearly like a bowie style.
On top, brushed "blade" part isn't quite thin enough, to sharpen it from both sides, so I just left it blunt.

I think it's best way to leavie it like this. I'm just too afraid of my knives, to get hurt or something.

The guard is made from damascus steel also, it's oval shaped, dimensions are 30x50 millimeters(approximately), while it's nearly 8 millimeters thick.

The handle is very close to cilinder shape, but very slightly oval; it's brushed and polished very smooth, so it keeps in hand quite well; no splinters at all..even though, it's not varnished.

The knife sheat is made fom 2 times stiched together swine leather, while the colour is bordoux red(I don't know if it's seen from pictures because of the red background).

No comments:

Post a Comment